- Intsia bijuga
- Intsia palembanica
- Jambs and sills are pre drilled and pre-finished
- Screwed mounting unto bucks, BTI screws are provided
- Direct mounted with Tapcon, stainless steel Tapcon is provided
- Strapped mounted unto bucks, straps are provided
- Proprietary merbau pre-finished filler strip fully conceals the fasteners.
- All gaskets (dual application) are produced out of thermo-plastic elastomer, resisting ageing, weathering, ultra-violet light, and ozone. All corners are cut and welded by a thermo cutting welding machine.
Manufacturer: Deventer Profile GmbH & Co. KG, Berlin, Germany
- All finish is factory applied to customers’ color selection.
- Twelve specially formulated transparent finishes are available.
- The whole spectrum of opaque finishes (see RAL chart) is available.
- Grain filling is available on opaque finishes.
- Edges of components are rounded to 2 mm, for improved adherence of finish.
- Stain to 130 mu, dry
- Paint to 140 mu, dry
- All units are finished in either four coats of an opaque finish or four coats of a transparent finish. Custom colors as per job specifications. Primers are applied by the process of dip coating, the intermediate coat and finish coat are applied by spraying. The coating systems have been specifically engineered for merbau in the laboratories of the supplier. All binders are low-molecular polymer resin, ensuring fuller penetration of the cellular tubes of the wood, for an optimal pore filling.
- All concealed non-visible surfaces are receiving the same four coat finish.
- Split finish is available as an option.
Manufacturer: Glasurit GmbH, Muenster-Hilltrup, Germany
- Joinery of the
jambs consists of three hardwood dowels at all corners with coped
- Joinery of the
sashes consists of three to twelve hardwood dowels at all corners
with coped joinery.
- All tools are custom designed for the production in merbau.
Manufacturer: Oertli Werkzeuge, AG, Hoeri bei Boelach, Switzerland.
- PUR-501, a moisture curing single-component reactive adhesive, based on polyurethane, specifically developed for the window manufacturing meeting the specifications of the highest moisture and temperature resistance category D4 according to European Norm DIN EN 204.
Manufacturer: KlebChemie Becker GmbH + Co, Weingarten, Germany
- Laminated Glass 1/4” total thickness, consisting of 3/16” heat strengthened glass with an SGP interlayment and a 1/4” heat strengthened glass.
- Insulated Glass 1 1/8” total thickness, consisting of 3/16” heat strengthened glass with an SGP interlayment and a 3/16” heat strengthened glass, exterior light plus ½” airspace and an interior light 3/16” tempered glass.
- Glass is available as clear or in various tints.
- Silicone structural adhesive, elastomeric adhesive, full bed on both sides of glass and along the edge of the glass, Dow Corning 995 Silicone Structural Sealant.
Manufacturer: Dow Corning Corporation, Midland, USA
- Three years, on hardware, glazing and operation of the units.
- Three years on finish, conditional upon the yearly application of “Holz Balsam” and certain requirements for over-hang of protective roof.